Tuesday 15 February 2011

Crohns, Lies and Videotape

The highlight of my day (so far) has been watching the episode of Coronation Street I recorded last night. This hopefully goes some way to expressing the level of mind-numbing boredom I feel at the moment.
When my beloved comes home from work and when friends and family drop by to visit, I will say, "Oh i'm fine! Enjoying the rest!" - these are major porkies.
I am NOT fine. I am bored out of my tiny mind. 
I am NOT enjoying the rest. I hate rest. I want to clean, cook, decorate the house, dance around the living-room with the cat to Hammer-time; all of which are apparently out of the question.
My directions to "lift nothing heavier than a kettle" limit me to using aforementioned kettle to make multiple cups of tea, with which I simply MUST have biscuits or leftover Christmas chocolates. Which then sends my mind into overdrive with images of myself being airlifted out of the house due to the excessive intimacy i've been sharing with McVities..
Of course I am sounding entirely ungrateful. I am not, I am over the moon my op was a success and believe me the after effects could have been a LOT worse. It's amazing to eat and feel no pain after it, something i've waited a long time for. 
So i'll cope with the boredom for now and enjoy being healthy. I'll try to think of more creative ways to fill my days. Ooh.. poetry? 



1 comment:

  1. Pass me one of those chocolate pretzel-shaped ones, please. You should read lots. Reading cures everything. Or play video games and become an addict. You should totally do that. That would be funny.

    ReplyDelete