Monday 1 April 2013

#HAWMC Day 1: Getting Started

I've been involved with WEGO Health's 'Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge' for the last 3 years. This being the 3rd.
The first year I got involved was the first year it was launched. I thought it was a great idea.
I was around 4 or 5 months into having started writing my blog, and around 6months post surgery.
I was ,by this point, pretty hooked on writing and more importantly, in learning about my condition. 
The idea of writing a new blog post a day and relating it to my condition seemed like a great challenge, and a great opportunity to share opinions and advice with other sufferers. The blog challenge gives a whole new perspective on Crohn's for me. Although the prompts are the same for everyone daily, its exciting to see what spin other writers give them.
It's also incredibly inspiring to read what others go through and how they manage to make the best of it. It's fun to get feedback on my own posts and compare experiences with other sufferers.
Because WEGO is a Health website and a patient forum, all kinds of people with all kinds of conditions join in the writers challenge. The beauty of this fact is that we can all learn about one another's illnesses. We can spur one another on. And hopefully educate and inspire our readers at the same time.
For me, there are conditions out there that I'd never even heard of before I joined the site. I am learning about what others go through on a daily basis...on a daily basis.. What could be more educational?



This post was written as part of WEGO Health's 30 posts in 30 days #HAWMC

No comments:

Post a Comment