Sunday 11 November 2012

#NHBPM - 11th November

'Your fave thing not health related, that likely improves your life'

I've thought long and hard about this one, and no, I'm not slipping in innuendos to warm you up for an x-rated favourite thing. This posts is 100% suitable for under 18's.
For me, that old cliche "Laughter is the best medicine" is so true. Of course Morphine is good too. If you can combine the two EVEN BETTER.
I love to laugh. I know that in itself sounds obvious; who doesn't? But I love it. When I know I am going to be around people who make me chuckle I get happy little butterflies in my stomach. I get giddy spending time with funny people. I forget for a whole I'm ill.
When you spend a lot of time in hospital, you treasure those very short few hours when you get to see the people you love. My family are FUNNY. My friends make me LOL big time, and my other half is HILARIOUS. These are all excellent qualities to be around when you feel like everything is bleak.
When all you feel us pain and can't see a glimmer of light, let me tell you, telling me a story about someone falling over will take me from nought to sixty in the happiness stakes in less that 30seconds.
I love Twitter too. I follow lots of funny funny people. So even if I can't be around humour in a physical sense, I can laugh at the people in my phone any minute of the day.
I love to watch comedy programmes, see funny films, go to comedy gigs and I LOVE to see people fall over. It's approaching Winter here and my chuckle muscles are getting giggly just thinking about the outcome of folk negotiating icy streets wearing badly gripping shoes. BRING IT ON.
With a chronic illness, you can choose to let it make you miserable, or you can choose to be better than your condition. I laugh at myself a LOT. Let's face it, Crohn's is ridiculous and it should be treated as such. You have to eat yet your body doesn't want to let you. Nature is playing the biggest joke on you it can. Don't be a spoilsport, just go with it. LOL.

This post was written as part of WEGO Health #NHBPM - 30 posts in 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment